Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I put purple onion in meatloaf recipe?

Im cooking a meatloaf run out of onions.I can I substitute purple onion?Can I put purple onion in meatloaf recipe?
Yes, absolutly, the only big differance between a regular onion and a purple onion is that purple ones tend to be a little milder and sweeter.Can I put purple onion in meatloaf recipe?
of course
I used red onions in my fajitas the other day, they turned gray but tasted fine. In a meatloaf though, they should look fine.
Yes, but be advised that when you cook them, they turn a really weird color. They taste fine, though.
Sure, purple onions are the best! I use them all the time.





mmmmmm, meatloaf
sure. I don't see why you couldn't do that. They don't differ too much from white, which is usually used in meatloaf. They might be a little sweeter or milder; that's all I can think of. You probably won't even be able to tell once it's cooked. =)
Sure
Sure! Purple onions are a bit sweeter, but you won't notice any difference in your meatloaf.
You can, they will cook quicker than the others, and probably give your meatloaf a little color. Onion powder is good as well.
Yes. It may end up a little sweeter, but will be just fine.
Sure! Why not! I cook with purple onions often.
  • Home Theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment