Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do YOU make meatloaf? (please don't copy recipes from websites)?

What is an easy recipe with minimum ingredients?


How do YOU make it?





Please don't copy websites recipes I want your personal opinions thank you =)How do YOU make meatloaf? (please don't copy recipes from websites)?
Meatloaf is one of my favorite recipes - served with mashed potatoes and whole green beans or steamed baby carrots.





Meatloaf


3 pounds ground beef


3 large eggs


1/2 to 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs


1 packet Lipton's Onion or Beefy Onion Soup Mix


1 can sliced mushrooms - drained


1/2 cup sliced black olives


2 tablespoons BBQ sauce


1 tablespoon A-1 sauce


1/2 cup salsa


1/2 cup shredded cheese - I use a combination of Cheddar, Italian Blend and Pepper-Jack cheeses or whatever I have on hand





Mix all ingredients, form into a loaf in a loaf pan, bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.How do YOU make meatloaf? (please don't copy recipes from websites)?
2 lbs Ground beef, lean


1 package lipton onion soup mix


1/2 C. water


1/3 C. Italian bread crumbs


1 Lg egg


1/3 C ketchup


2 TBS Soy Sauce





Mix with your hands just until blended.


Don't overmix as this will toughen the meatloaf.


Shape into a loaf.


Bake at 350 for 1 hour


Dont over cook! Let it rest before cutting and it will be nice and moist.





My friend Chrissy will do almost anything if I make her this meatloaf.





Serve it With Mashed potatoes and any veggie you like. I like white corn!
Here's my grandma's recipe for meatloaf. She taught me how to make this when I was 14 yrs old. I personally like to put ketchup on top of mine, but it's up to you! Hope you like it!!!!





Meatloaf





2 lbs hamburger meat


2-3 pkgs crakcers(saltine)


1 sm onion


2 eggs


1 c milk


3 cans tomato sauce(only 2 for mixture though)


salt %26amp; pepper





Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Put in baking dish %26amp; bake for 45 min-1 hour on 350*. Then add tomato sauce on top %26amp; put back in over for about 5 min.
I put an egg in it. some italian breadcrumbs. some parmasage cheese. and some garlic and peper. some copped onions. and some ketchup on top.. bake it in the over... and its good.
I just use the basic ground meat, onions and go from there. My fave at the moment is a Mexican type one I came up with by taking the best bits from a few recipes. Usually I just wing it with whatever I feel like at the time. Trouble with that is that you come up with a great meatloaf but you can never duplicate it again.
Hamburger


eggs


saltine crackers (crushed)


beef base, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and a little season salt


mix it all up put it in the pan and bake it





Take potatoes cut in half and score 2 times with knife, sprinke with season salt, put on a cooke sheet, place in oven with meatloaf, and there's your dinner!!
I add one egg, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese and some spices and bake in the oven
basically all you do is mix raw ground beef with bread crumbs, ketchup and/or bbq sauce, and add onions or mushroom sif desired. Put in a bread loaf pan and cook it in the oven until the ground beef is brown.
Use a mixture of meats, such as steak mince, lamb and pork mince. Finely minced onion, bread crumbs, minced garlic, salth, pepper and an egg. The most important part is the topping, but I make it different every time. I usually put 1/2 cup tomato ketchup, 1/2 tbsp vinegar, some Worcestershire sauce, minced onion and green pepper, and a bit of brown sugar, and possibly a small tin of chopped tomatoes. Mould the meat into a loaf shape, bake til party done, then put the sauce on top, and bake til it is finished. I serve mine with mash.
This how I make Meatloaf....





1 1/2 pounds ground beef


1/2 pound Italian ground sausage


1 small onion minced


1 carrot grated


2 cloves of garlic minced


2 slices of whole wheat bread torn into small pieces


1 egg


1/2 cup ketchup


1 tsp fresh thyme


1 tsp salt


1/2 tsp pepper





For topping:


3 slices of bacon








Preheat oven to 350'


Mix all together and form a loaf on a baking sheet.


Top with bacon and bake for about an 1 hour.
The only thing I kept after my divorce was my ex mother-in-laws meatloaf recipe, its very good.





1 pound of beef, pork, veal combo (can be done with only beef also, don't really recommend ground turkey)


1 whole egg


1 small onion, chopped


1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed


1/4 cup ketchup


1 Tablespoon mustard





mix it all together, put it in a loaf pan and bake for about one and half hours at 350 degrees. Sometimes I use more ketchup on top sometimes I don't. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon butter


1/2 cup finely chopped onion


1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce


1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning , divided


2 pounds ground beef


1/2 cup bread crumbs


1/2 cup milk


2 eggs, beaten


2 teaspoons Season-All Seasoned Salt


3/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper





1. Preheat oven to 375掳F. Melt butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Cool slightly. Mix tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning; set aside.


2. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, cooked onion, milk, eggs, Season-All, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and pepper in large bowl. Shape into a loaf. Place in foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan.


3. Bake 45 minutes. Spoon seasoning tomato sauce over meat loaf. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
I make mine how my mom makes hers, and it seems to be the only kind anyone I know will eat.





Ground chuck (however much depends on amount of people)


1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix


1 sleeve Saltine crackers


2 eggs


Ketchup





Take your ground chuck, eggs, soup mix, and 2 handfuls of crushed crackers, and mix them well in a mixing bowl, by hand! Spread this out into your loaf pan, but I personally use a 13x9 casserole dish. Bake it on 425 for 30 minutes, take it out and then add the ketchup. Put it back in for another 30 minutes give or take how hot your oven gets, and then take it out, let cool, and there ya go! It's delicious and easy to do!





I hope you like it as much as everyone else does!
(1) pound of ground beef, (1) large egg, bread crumbs from toast(1), chopped onion(1), season(could be black pepper, season all or the meatloaf season in the pack). Mix together in mold, put in pan or meatloaf pan if you have one and cook for about 45 minutes. You can add some BBQ sauce on it when it is about done or ketchup or tomato paste.
I generally take a pound of lean hamburger, and mix in the following ingredients:





one egg (beat it first)


a cup or so of crackers (you can use any crackers, and Cheezit crackers work good for me, but anything will do, Saltines, etc). Be careful because if you add too much it will come out dry.


Add any other spices you want, like salt, pepper, garlic salt, etc.


Finely chop up one small to medium-sized onion.


You can, if you want, also chop up one green bell pepper and mix in but that's your call. you can also add some ketchup as well or other seasoning.





Mix it all up well in a bowl, ensure all ingredients are mixed well. Put it into a small bread loaf pan, smooth it out on top and top it off with a couple of tablespoons of ketchup for color. Bake it until done (varies due to oven and altitude)..prob at least 45 min to an hour. It should come out brown and just a bit browner around the edges.





Also, instead of mixing in ketchup you can use A-1 steak sauce (also for topping) or any other BBQ sauce you want to try a different flavor on it.





Works for me.
take a package of groundbeef, 2 eggs to mix with the meat, use some seasoning salt, garlic salt(if you like). I then(depends if you like onions, peppers..) I cook in a skillet the onions and peppers.


I then combine all in a bowl(the raw meat with eggs and the cooked onions and peppers).


I preheat oven to 350.


SAUCE


I then use canned tomato sauce and a little ketchup and sugar(for sweet taste).


Put ingredients in bread pan....cover with the sauce


Cook for about 1 1/2hr or until top portion is kind of glazed look.
My grandmother's recipe and the ONLY one my kids/husband will eat. Mix lo-fat ground beef (I use at least 2 lbs) with:


ketsup - 1 - 1/2 cup - to taste


mustard - 3/4 cup


breadcrumbs - 1 cup


eggs (1 or 2 depending on amount of beef)


brown sugar - 1/2 - 3/4 cup


** all measurments are approximate as I don't ever measure. It's pretty much to taste.


Make sure you have enough bread crumbs and egg for meat to hold


shape into loaf and cook on a rack (375) so fat will drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment