Thursday, December 24, 2009

I only have tomato paste may I substitute it for tomato sauce by adding water to it for a meatloaf recipe?

Also any secret ingredient to a fabulous meatloaf?I only have tomato paste may I substitute it for tomato sauce by adding water to it for a meatloaf recipe?
Meat


1 Egg


1/2 cup to 1 cup Bread Crumbs depending on how much meat used


Garlic Powder to taste


Italian Seasoning to taste


1/2 cup Onions chopped (optional)


Ketchup or a small can of tomato sauce any flavor


Russian dressing





Mix all together with the meat and put in a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.





Cook covered.





When almost done, add fried onion rings on top and continue cooking.





EnjoyI only have tomato paste may I substitute it for tomato sauce by adding water to it for a meatloaf recipe?
you are very welcome. i make this recipe all the time.





have a great weekend. Report Abuse

yes and you should add a bit more of a substitute liquid or another egg.


Actually, I often use paste in my meatloaf.
It won't be exactly right. What is the tomato sauce used for? Is it in the loaf itself, or is it a glaze? If it's the glaze, try substituting ketchup.





Secret ingredients: Use a mixture of ground beef, pork and veal. Plain yogurt instead of milk is interesting. Wrap the loaf in thin sliced bacon (just the top and sides, and tuck the ends slightly under) before you cook it. Don't put it in a loaf pan - make a loaf shape on a wider pan with sides. This way it won't sit in the grease as badly.
That should work for meatloaf.
It will make it taste quite a bit different.


try this:





hamburger


oatmeal


1/2 cup of milk


1 or 2 eggs (I use 2)


Mix together


top with Catsup


bake as usual
YES YOU CAN USE PASTE BUT WATCH THE WATER YOU ADD NOT TO MUCH''''''' I ADD ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS TO MY MEATLOAF , ALSO I USE 1/2 SAUSAGE AND 1/2 HAMBURGER I ALWAYS ADD AT LEAST 3 EGGS TO MAKE SURE IT HOLDS TOGETHER
yes that would work





a secret ingredient to a fabulous meatloaf : try adding a little wine to it





try it and then vote for me as best answer :D:D:D::D:D
I think that would work
I've done that before and it worked great well be sure you make so its not to thin or it wont hold or taste as well but i think your toataly safe using that
  • Home Theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment