Thursday, December 24, 2009

I need a quick, simple, and delicious meatloaf recipe?

I have never made one and I need a good recipe to feed my family. I bought 1.75lbs. ground beef last night. I appreciate any recipes!I need a quick, simple, and delicious meatloaf recipe?
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef


1 cup cracker crumbs crushed


1 med onion, chopped


1 egg


1 1/2 teaspoon salt


1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper


6 tablespoon ketchup


1/2 cup of milk


mix and make a log .


put on cooking tray





Sauce for the top


4 tablespoon brown sugar


2 tablespoon worcheshire sauce


1/2 cup ketchup


pore over meet loaf





cover and bake for 1 hour.I need a quick, simple, and delicious meatloaf recipe?
Quick and Easy Meatloaf


1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, chuck or round


1 egg, slightly beaten


1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce


2 cups packaged herb-seasoned stuffing mix


1/2 teaspoon salt


dash pepper


grated mild Cheddar cheese





Combine ground beef, egg, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, stuffing crumbs, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into a loaf and place in shallow baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes; remove from oven and top loaf with remaining tomato sauce and shredded cheese. Bake meatloaf 10 minutes longer.





http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/recipe…
I have a great meat loaf recipe since you want a quick, simple and delicious one.Add one pack of Onion Soup Mix (I use Lipton in the box). Mix it with your beef (l lb) or use 2 packs for your 1.75 lb.Add one to two eggs, 4 slices of bread broken up and maybe some garlic if you like. Mix well and shape in an oval shape in your pan. I add some water around the loaf and some ketchup with some mustard spread on top.Bake l hr. at 350 or so.


Soak the bread slices in water for a minute and then squeeze out the water before you add to beef. Add parsley to the mixture also.
Here's a basic recipe:





http://homeparents.about.com/od/meatloaf…





But you can add your own touches to it. Like adding sauteed onions and mushrooms. I like adding a little cumin to my meatloaf for a nice smoky flavor. You can also top it with BBQ sauce for something different. Parmesan cheese gives it a nice flavor. Grated carrot adds some sweetness and moistness to a meatloaf. Don't be afraid to experiment to take the recipe and make it your own.





It's also good to use a mix of ground pork and beef.
Next time, check out the family sized precooked meatloaf in sealed packages. These and other precooked meats can be found in the cold section (not the freezer). Have a clerk help you find them. I have cooked for about 50 years and have found that all these precooked meats are delicious and most come with gravy. My husband and I like cold meatloaf sandwiches. We open the packages and slice the meatloaf.
My Godmother gave me the secret to really super easy and wuick meatloaf- stuffing mix. It is preseasoned and makes a tasty loaf-





Mix your 1.75 pounds beef with one large egg, and one box of herb flavored stuffing mix. Add 1 tbs catsup or BBQ sauce, and 1/2 cup chopped onions Mix all together well, place in a loaf pan ( if you have a special ';draining'; meat loaf pan, use that, if not, drain fat by pouring off halfway through baking) spread catsup or BBQ sauce on top, and if you want, lay a couple layers of bacon over the top as well, Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Meatloaf is generally your hamburger, an egg and some stuffing al mixed together. Don't forget to add salt and pepper, and you can also add some BBQ sauce.
Do chili instead...I have a fabulous chili recipe.





I'll e-mail it to you!





Edit: I've got a good Italian meatloaf recipe too. I'll send that also.
i agree do chili

No comments:

Post a Comment