Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is your best or favorite meatloaf recipe?

My favorite is a combination of my mom's and a recipe from Weight Watchers. But mine isn't low cal.





Take 2lbs of ground beef. Mix in salt %26amp; pepper to taste. A 8oz can of tomato paste. 2 eggs. And about 3/4 cup of crushed crackers. Mix together with your hands. Then split into 2 halves.





In a pie pan, press one half evenly into the bottom of the pan. On top of that half, sprinkle motzerralla cheese evenly. I like lots of cheese so I make it a generous portion. Take the of half of the meat mixture and roll out like a pie crust. Place over the cheese as if it was the top crust on a pie. Then take one can of tomato or marinara sauce (about 8 - 10oz) and spread evenly over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. (Check after 45 minutes depending on how thick you make it, it could take shorter or longer). Let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving!!! Hope you like it!What is your best or favorite meatloaf recipe?
i hate meat loaf!!!What is your best or favorite meatloaf recipe?
I don't have the recipe... but my friend spreads out the meatloaf flat and spreads slices of cheese over it then rolls it up... she calls in Cheeseburger Meatloaf... her husband loves it.
My Momma's its da bomb
My favorite recipe is the already prepared meatloaf I buy from the butcher at Lunardi's grocery store. Take it home, pop it in the oven....
This meatloaf is awesome, it won the taste test at work where we now serve it as a dinner special





Amish Meatloaf


INGREDIENTS:


2 pounds ground beef


2 1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers


1 small onion, chopped


2 eggs


3/4 cup ketchup


1/4 cup brown sugar


2 slices bacon





1 cup ketchup


2 tablespoons vinegar


3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste


2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard


1/2 cup brown sugar





--------------------------------------鈥?br>




DIRECTIONS:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).


In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until well blended. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Lay the two slices of bacon over the top.


Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread over the top of the meat loaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.
I use very good ground beef, when I want to be fancy, I use mixed meats, the ground beef, sausage, and ground lamb. But the ground beef alone works fine. To this I add chopped bell peppers, the multi-colored frozen ones work just as well as the fresh,add chopped onions,I've been known to throw in some finely chopped celery and carrots, black olives, whatever strikes me a yummy, cracker crumbs, and as a binder I use 1 egg and some tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper and ?? sometimes I use a little oregano, or basil, it depends on my creative mood. I form it into a loaf, drop it into a loaf pan cover with tomato sauce and garnish with olives or whatever and bake in a 350 oven till done, (about 1 hour.) Serve with mashed potatoes or steamed white rice and steamed veggies.
Mom's Meatloaf


3-5 lbs. hamburger (depending on how many you're feeding. 5 works great for 4 or more)


1 sleeve saltines, crushed fine


1/4 cup onions, minced


2 eggs, beaten


1/2 tsp. each Seasoning salt, garlic salt


1 can tomato paste and enough water to make about 4 cups





Topping


1 can condensed tomato soup


2 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard


2 tbsp. brown sugar





In large bowl, mix together meat, saltines, onion, eggs and seasoning salts. Pat into 9x13 inch baking dish or 10 inch oven safe skillet (I use a cast iron skillet). Bake at 425 for 1 hour. Remove from oven and pour off grease. Mix tomato paste and water together, pour over meatloaf and bake at 350 for 1 hour. 15 minutes before serving, mix together soup, mustard and sugar, pour over top of meatloaf and bake. (I sometimes broil it for 5 minutes or so to get it hot and bubbly and thickened.)

No comments:

Post a Comment