Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is your favourite meatloaf recipe?

I was thinking of making meatloaf for dinner. What is your favourite recipe? Any good ideas for sides?What is your favourite meatloaf recipe?
My recipe is for one loaf:





I lb ground beef (I use plain lean)


1/2 green bell pepper (very finly chopped because i don't like chuncks, but it gives good flavor)


1 medium onion chopped


About 2 cups Hienz ketchup


I 1/2 package Ritz crackers (crumbled, but not into powder -- and I mean the packages within the box, not a whole box, haha.)


Season Salt


pepper


Garlic Powder


Salt (but not too much because of the Season Salt)


1/4 cup Worchest. Sauce (I can't spell it :-))


1 egg





I mash it all together real good and get everything covered.





Then I make a topping that I pour on top of the meatloaf (once it is in the pan, but before actually cooking):





1 Tbs Worch. Sauce


1 Tbs Honey


2 Tbs ketchup


Mix it all together.





Then with the meatloaf in the pan, the topping on it, bake it about 1 hour at 375.





The topping is what really makes it! Anywho...it's just a family recipe that I love. Good luck!What is your favourite meatloaf recipe?
I use





- 1 lb. of the leanest ground beef I can find (recently I've been finding 97/100).


- pack of lipton onion soup mix


- salt


- pepper


- 1 egg


- worcestershire sauce


- adobo seasoning


- little bit of bbq sauce





Preheat oven to 350 and combine ingredients. It's easiest to mush it all together with your hands. I spray deep muffin pans with Pam and form individual meatloaf muffins. Once all your cups are filled spread a little extra bbq sauce on top and cook it in the oven for about 30 min. Since they're individual muffins instead of one large loaf it cooks faster and the juices stay sealed because of it being in a little space.





Happy cooking!
I use the one on the box of oatmeal and that is pretty darn good. My son-in-law uses that recipe too but he uses crushed potato chips instead of oatmeal and that is really good too.


Any veg goes well but you gotta have mashed and gravy to go with meatloaf. I think its the law......LOL
a box of stuffing in your meatloaf mix is excellent.carrots,onions and potatoes baked right along side of the meat.cover w/ tin foil
The best meatloaf recipe that I have found at a cooking web site, was Claim Jumper Meatloaf. I beleive the site is Kopycat.com or goldmine.


You will love it. Besides the mashed potatoes and green beans have to have that with also.
This is the best:





http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pan-f鈥?/a>





definately worth a try!
have green beans and mashed potatoes with gravy thats what my mom fixes im 17
  • Home Theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment