Thursday, December 24, 2009

I want a cheap and easy meatloaf recipe?

I know I need to put ketcup in the meatloat and I like cheese on top, but what else do i add too it, bread or eggs or crackers whats better? If you have a recipe I would love too have it. and also I don't have allot of ketup left, and i don't have a car today, (hubby has it) I would walk across the street to the gas station to get it but My son (1 yr.) is sleeping. so How much ketup do I need?I want a cheap and easy meatloaf recipe?
The best meatloaf I ever made (and my husband loved) was the recipe I took directly off the Worcestershire Sauce bottle. I cannot find it on line (even on their website), but it is on the bottle, labeled America's Favorite Meatloaf. Just make it like it says, and add your cheese (towards the end so it won't burn).





This recipe only takes a third of a cup of worcstershire and quarter cup of ketchup, 2 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of cracker or bread crumbs (when I don't have that I just use bread). A little diced onion and you are set. Just use what you have, canned drained peas...whatever. This is for two pounds of meat. My favorite meatloaf recipe trick is to put everything a a large zip lock bag instead of a bowl, and mix it inside the bag....no messy hands! You can even form your loaf in the bag and just roll it out. Enjoy.I want a cheap and easy meatloaf recipe?
*******Long Time Family Meatloaf Recipe


1 lb. ground beef


1 egg


1 pkg. crackers, crushed or 1 c. bread crumbs, plain or flavored


1 med. onion, chopped


1 med. green pepper, chopped


1/2 c. chopped celery


1 med. apple or pear, chopped


1 tsp. pepper, black or red


1 tsp. low sodium salt


Ketchup or barbecue sauce


Your favorite cheese


3 slices bacon (optional)


Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the bacon. Now, here comes to fun part. Pretend you're a little kid again and squish everything together. It fells real gooey between your fingers. After you have had enough fun place half the mixture in a small rectangular baking dish. Place the slices of cheese on to the mixture and then place the rest of the mixture on top of the cheese.


If you choose you can place the bacon on top of the meatloaf. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the mixture in the oven and bake for about 1 hour.


Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
GET A PACKET OF LIPTON ONION SOUP AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
I only put the ketchup on top.


I use onion, bell pepper, crushed crackers, eggs, salt, pepper and garlic salt. I bake and then the last 5 minutes I put ketchup on top and let that heat.
oats are better than bread crumbs ,tomatoe juice is better than the ketchup and then add your eggs and then some carrots put in the food processor . about 1 cup if your using ketchup but like i say I use tomatoe juice .
I happen to have JUST made meatloaf yesterday with NO ketchup! And it was delicious!





2 pounds ground meat


3 eggs


1/2 cup oats


1/4 cup parmesan cheese


2 tablespoons soy sauce


1 tablespoon minced garlic


1 tsp. onion powder


1 tsp black pepper





Mix all ingredients except the meat in a bowl. Combine very well, then add meat and mix that in thoroughly. PUt into a loaf pan and bake at 375 for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
There are many recipes that do not use ketcup.





Check out these recipes:





http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=meatlo鈥?/a>
1 lb ground beef


1 small onion


1/4 cup ketchup


2 tablespoons mustard


1 egg


breadcrumbs varies, enough to hold together





Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Cover for first hour or it'll dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment