Sunday, December 20, 2009

Does anyone have any good meatloaf recipes?

I wanted to try and make the one my mom makes which has tomato gravy. I think that she also uses oats in it. I wanted to make it for her when she comes to visit as a surprise. Thank you!Does anyone have any good meatloaf recipes?
1 1/2 pound ground beef


3/4 cup oats, uncooked


1/4 cup onion, chopped


1 1/2 teaspoon salt


1/4 teaspoon pepper


1 cup tomato juice


1 egg, beaten





Combine all ingredients and pack firmly into an ungreased loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350掳 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicingDoes anyone have any good meatloaf recipes?
Sorry, mine doesn't have any of those components...but it really good.





1 lb hamburger


1/2 lb sausage


1/3 c bread crumbs


1 egg


1 small onion, minced





Mix together and then pour the following over the top:





Mix together:


1/2 c brown sugar


enough orange juice or orange tang to make the brown sugar pourable.





Bake at 400 for 1 hour.





It sounds odd, but it tastes very, very good and it is a different twist on traditional meatloaf.
I love my recipe, but it does not use oats. It is fantastic though:


http://www.cooking-is-easy-and-fun.com/M鈥?/a>
Go to this website...





http://www.recipe4living.com/Common/Arti鈥?/a>





I made the one called ';luxury meatloaf';...it was awesome!
Mine I use





Meat Loaf mix (veal,pork,hamburger)


2 eggs


Italian bread crumbs


Worcester sauce


chili sauce


onions


Parmesan cheese





I believe that is all i use
You can go to cooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment